Follow on Bloglovin

Παρασκευή 22 Μαρτίου 2013

Possets- Silver Roses

PERFUME:  Silver Roses

COMPANY: Possets

AVAILABILITY: Permanent

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION: You have Silver Violets, now you have Silver Roses as well. I have a silver rose pin from the city of Hildesheim in Germany and that really popped into my head before Silver Violets did! Rose, of course, with spun sugar, vanilla, musk and magic. This one will be sticking around at least through St. Valentine's Day and perhaps beyond. Characteristics: Floral, vanilla, charming, scent locket, feminine, home scent, long lasting.

BEFORE I SMELL: This was a froppet from my recent order but I really wanted to try it. I had bad luck with some other sweet roses from Possets like Hathor: Roses and candy, clear as ice and as sweet to the nose as to the tongue. A simple confection of pink rose petals, simple syrup saturated with a sophisticated but delicious vanilla, and a wisp of musk to keep it going on your skin. Guys, I couldn’t stand this perfume AT ALL. Yes it is so bad that I have it in a special box so I will never smell it again! I don’t know which note doesn’t work on me and I thought that it would be the rose. I really want to find out so I can avoid this note in the future.

Another one that didn’t work on me was The romance of the Rose One of the most daring of the Valentine blends, this is a throughly insane pairing of rose and butter and sugar and a drop of light tea. It is one of the strangest and most confusing blends I have ever come up with and it works like mad. Sometimes you feel you have to rebel and run outside the ruts of slender convention, this fragrance is it.
Another Epic FAIL.

So, as you can guess I put it on with a little fear this morning!

FROM THE DECANT/BOTTLE: Sweet roses!

WET ON SKIN: Fresh cut red roses still and a hint of vanilla.

DRY DOWN: While I really like the fresh rosy top note, I love the dry down even more!  It’s sugary and soft. The rose it’s there but not in your face.  The musk and the vanilla make this light and wearable. The sugar here reminds me of a marshmallow!

If rose isn’t my enemy what ruined Hathor and the Romance of the Rose for me?

FINAL THOUGHTS: I really like this. Maybe I will get a bottle in the future.

IF YOU LIKE THIS YOU WILL LIKE:   Come Heather HoG, Pink Snowballs BPAL


Pic from sweettweetsbakery.blogspot

6 σχόλια:

  1. Well, I have Pink Snowballs so I guess I don't need this one! I love that picture of the sugared rose petal - so pretty. :-)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. They are in the same scent family but they are pretty different. Silver roses has a more district red rose note and it is more sugary.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. You are SO cute! Putting the perfume in a special box so you'll never smell it again? LOL! I love it!

    Anyway, this perfume sounds amazing! I wonder how it would compare by Rose Mallow creme by Solstice Scents! :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I was thinking about that too! Angela wrote on FB that she may keep this one as a GC scent!

      About that box, I was thinking to give away these scents but then I decided the opposite because I didn't want anyone to have the same experience as I did.

      Διαγραφή
  4. This sounds lovely! I've been very into rose lately, and I haven't tried much of anything from Possets... oh dear. I feel the compulsive urge to order coming on.

    I agree with BrightestStatOfAll - Solstice Scents Rose Mallow Cream is amazing! And I think if you like this, you'd probably like that.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Do it! Possets has some fantastic fragrances and they are very affordable too! In a couple of days she will have her spring scents available! Can't wait to read all the description in her new update!

    Isabella, it's another rose scent from possets.
    Notes of rose are combined with a light resin, white tea leaf and a rare honey/milky-musk.
    It's quite unique!

    I really want to try Solstice Scents Rose Mallow Cream when I will have "perfume" money again! I hope she will keep it as a general catalog scent so I can do so.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή